There are a million and one things in the world that want us not to love ourselves for one reason or another. These things could be commercials wanting to sell you something to feel better. It could be a person in your life that is hateful and jealous of you. It's easy to get swept up in the negativity and forget to take care of ourselves.
However, loving yourself and showing yourself kindness are integral parts of leading a healthy, happy life. Practicing self-love and kindness can help us nurture healthier relationships with ourselves and others.
Want to start loving yourself more? Here are some strategies for doing so:
1. Embrace positive affirmations: Positive affirmations allow us to fill our minds with positive thoughts that boost our confidence and help us look at ourselves more compassionately. You can start by writing down meaningful affirmations and reading them out loud to remind yourself of your worth. For more effectiveness, you can also recite these affirmations in a mirror. It may feel a bit silly at first, but over time it will feel more comfortable and improve your mood at the beginning.
2. Make time for self-care: Dedicate time each day to do something that brings you joy or helps you relax - this could be anything from taking a long walk, having a calming bath, or spending time with friends and family. Not only will this help you relax, but it will show that you respect and care for yourself. You’re worthy of being cared for, even if you’re the one putting in the work.
3. Practice active listening: Practicing active listening might seem more beneficial for others than yourself. However, it’s the exact opposite. Active listening forces you to be more present and find a connection with another person, something that’s vital for us as human beings. Give yourself a moment to be with someone, whether a friend, a loved one or a stranger.
4. Do random acts of kindness: Acts of kindness allow you to give back and spread kindness to those around you. Plus, they can bring you a sense of joy as well. They don't have to be grand gestures; even small acts can make a big difference. Random acts of kindness like sending out snail mail to someone you love, doing your neighbor's grocery shopping, or leaving a nice comment on an Instagram post, can help spread joy and positivit.
5. Be accepting of your mistakes: The hardest obstacle to overcome when attempting to increase your self-love is learning to accept your mistakes. For something that is so human to do, too many of us are hard on ourselves because of a couple mistakes. They happen. We all go through it. All that matters is what you do afterwards. Will you let it overcome you or will you use it as a moment to grow?
These strategies can help us build healthier relationships with ourselves and those around us. Embracing self-love and kindness helps us to appreciate our successes, mistakes, and flaws - understanding that we are all worthy of respect, care and acceptance.
#subconscious #loveheals #heartspace #vulnerabilityisstrength #speakyourtruth #knowyourself #mentalawareness #humankindness #humanconnection #helpeachother #positivechange #lovingkindness #breakthecycle #generationaltrauma #bemindful #setboundaries #settingboundaries #bethechangeyouwanttoseeintheworld #worthiness #worthyoflove #thoughtfulness #mattersoftheheart #forgiveyourself #belonging #resiliency #activelistening #empathetic #becompassionate #speaklove #nonjudgement